Playing with them is so much fun - I really miss out on so much when I don't allow myself the time to be present in that play world of theirs. It's a learning time for me - hearing repeated back to me things she has learned, or still needs to work on, as well as being full of amusing conversations.
"Child," Amy said, "Pick up your toys now; it's time for bed".
"I don't want to go to bed. I'm not tired. I don't like to sleep" I said.
"Child, when I was young I didn't have toys like you do; we had to make our own toys out of straw and sticks."
Here's another cute one: we are sitting at the table and about to feast on a variety of wood and plastic food, including the velcro bread.
"Mommy, can we say the prayer from the Bible since we have daily bread?"
"What is daily bread?"
"It's this kind, like we have here."
So sweet!
Crystal Clock
Come to Jesus
Thursday, April 19, 2007
Straws, Sticks and Daily Bread
Posted by unofficially, Chapulina. at 9:18 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment