Crystal Clock

Come to Jesus

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Spring Has Sprung!

Today is the 4th time in the past week that we have spent the entire afternoon outside! Outdoor play has been long overdue and our bodies just can't get enough of the sunshine and fresh air. I have thrown open all the windows in an all-out attempt to rid the house of any lingering winter season microbes. I cannot describe the awesome feeling I have walking the house with the spring breezes freely blowing in through all the windows while listening to some lovely jazz from Imeem. Last week, Katie and Amy spent the entire afternoon outside, from 11:30 until supper time, playing their hearts out. They raced in the driveway, they played on the swing, in the shed, on the deck, in the garage, in the sandbox, in the garden. Filthy, but very, very happy. So filthy, in fact, that I made them strip down to their underwear in the garage and carried them straightway to the bathtub.

We planted spinach, lettuce, shallots and three rhubbarb crowns; its still too early for anything else just yet.

0 comments: